A first aid kit is always a good thing to have in the home. It gives you the ability to treat small wounds without having to go to a clinic or hospital. These kits even allow you to immediately deal with an injury while waiting for medical personnel to arrive. That’s why it’s a good idea to have one handy in a portable first aid kit container.
While there are many first aid kits available in the market, they may not contain everything you need. There may be instances when the items inside these pre-packed kits are not the best ones available. So, you may want to buy medical supplies and assemble your first aid kit.
When you pack your first aid kit, you can ensure everything your family needs is inside the kit. Aside from looking for the items in the kit, you need a suitable container to put everything you obtained.
Top 10 First Aid Kit Container Ideas
With this, we came up with a list of containers you may want to use for your first aid kit. Check out the list below.
#1: Ziploc Bags
The first container you can use for your first aid kit is a Ziploc bag. This is mainly for households with a tight budget. You can use the large-size bags to hold several items together.
If one bag is not enough, you can get another one. But make sure to label it properly so you don’t have to rummage through all your bags to find any item you need.
Ziploc Storage Bags
- Ziploc Big Bags have a pleated bottom and secure Double Zipper Seal to ensure stability and security...
- Flexible shape and heavy-duty plastic. BPA free
- Convenient built-in handles
- Protects from moisture, dust, and pests
- Fits into places where storage boxes can't
These large Ziploc Storage Bags have a pleated bottom that allows the bag to stand upright. It also features a double zipper to protect its contents from water and dust. Moreover, its built-in handles make it easy to carry the bag around.
Oh yeah, these things are also great for storing food supplies that you may have prepared for an emergency or pandemic.
#2: Food Storage Containers
Do you have any unused food storage containers at home? If yes, you can put them to good use by storing your first aid supplies in them. These airtight containers can protect your supplies from damage even if they are moved around.
These containers are also available in different shapes and sizes. This allows you to arrange the first aid items according to their use. Similar to the Ziploc bags, just make sure to label each container properly.
Food Storage Containers
- 40 piece set includes 20 containers with 20 lids. Store and transport entrees and soups confidently...
- Leakproof 4-hinge locking system forms an airtight, watertight seal between container and lid. Never...
- 10 sizes fulfill all your storage needs. Includes (2) 33.8 oz rectangular containers; (3) 28.4 Oz...
- Plastic contains no bpa, phthalates or other toxins to leach into food. Fullstar Containers are...
- Customer service - please, if you have any questions or issues regarding the fullstar food storage...
You can also get this Food Storage Container Set for your first aid kit. Since this set has 20 containers, you can use some of it as food storage and the rest as your first aid kit container. Its four-hinge locking system ensures it is watertight and airtight.
Moreover, you have ten different sizes to choose from.
#3: Rubbermaid Bin
You can also use a Rubbermaid bin as your first aid kit container. Being nearly indestructible, you can be assured that your first aid supplies will be well-protected. Additionally, it is also watertight to ensure everything stays dry.
- VIRTUALLY INDESTRUCTIBLE: Rubbermaid Storage Containers are backed by a lifetime warranty; The...
- EXTRA STRONG LID: ActionPacker plastic storage bins have a double walled lid that fits tightly to...
- LOCKABLE LATCHES: Add a lock for extra security to keep the contents safe and tamper resistant; For...
- ENGINEERED FOR LIFE: Made in the USA; Outside Dimensions 35.25 inches L x 20.00 inches W x 17.25...
The Rubbermaid ActionPacker is a durable and watertight container that ensures everything you store is safe and secure. It is also resistant to harsh temperatures and has a 35-gallon storage capacity. In addition, it comes with a lifetime warranty.
#4: Drawstring Bag
If you’re a craft enthusiast, you can use a drawstring bag as a first aid kit container. Aside from keeping the much-needed medical supplies, it’s also eye-catching especially if you decorate it. You can also bring it anywhere.
Adidas Alliance II Sackpack
- Lifetime warranty - built to last
- Drop mesh water bottle pockets
- Easy cinch opening with durable cording straps
- Zippered exterior pocket for your phone or small stuff
The Adidas Alliance II Sackpack is a drawstring bag made of 100-percent polyester. While it has a drawstring closure, it also features a zippered exterior pocket you can use for small items. Additionally, it is built to last and comes with a lifetime warranty.
#5: Tool Box or Tackle Box
Another option is something you may find in your garage, a toolbox or a tackle box. But, you should use the plastic ones since the metal boxes can be quite cumbersome and heavy. Just make sure they are durable and can last long.
All you need to do is to remove whatever is in them and replace them with your first aid supplies. The most-often used supplies should be on the top while items you’ll not likely use regularly can be stored at the bottom.
DeWalt Plastic Tool Box
- This products adds a great value
- Product is highly durable
- This product is manufactured in China
- Large capacity designed for volume utility
- All round water seal to help protect contents
The DeWalt Plastic Tool Box is a durable plastic toolbox designed to last. Its water seal ensures its contents do not get wet. This toolbox also features a load capacity of 100 pounds.
#6: Multiple Drawer Plastic Containers
If you have to store a lot of first aid supplies since you have a large family, then you can use a multiple drawer plastic container. You can store just about anything in these containers, which can be used as a mobile first aid center.
It normally features wheels to make it easy to move from one place to another.
Stalwart Mobile Tool Box
- 3 separable components: traditional toolbox with tray, 2-drawer compartment and large storage box,...
- Chest rolls easily & quietly on 2"W x 5.75"H soft-rubber wheels, Heavy-gauge, non-corroding...
- Overall dimensions: 15 x 22.25 x 33 inches
- Tool box tray measures: 9.5 x 19.5 x 2.825 inches, Tool box interior measures: 10.25 x 19.5 x 6.25...
- Two drawers interiors measure: 8 x 16.125 x 3.375 inches each, Large storage box interior measures:...
The Stalwart Mobile Tool Box is a three-part mobile toolbox featuring a traditional toolbox two-drawer compartment and a large storage box. You can store all your first aid supplies in its three compartments.
Additionally, its soft-rubber wheels make it easy to move the toolbox from one place to another.
#7: Zippered Pouch for a First Aid Kit Container
For an instant first aid kit, you can consider getting a zippered pouch. Also called a waist pack or a fanny pack, they are compact and allow you to store often-used medical supplies. In addition, they have several pockets to make organizing your supplies easier.
FREETOO Waist Pack
- 【AMPLE ROOM, KEEP ORGANIZED】: Well constructed with 5 separate zippered pockets of different...
- 【DURABLE MATERIAL&LININGS, WEAR-RESISTANT】: Made of strong 1000D Polyester+ Exquisite overall...
- 【QUALITY SOLID ZIPPERS】: Zippers are a very important component of a bag and should never be...
- 【ADJUSTABLE STRAP, COMFORTABLE&VERSATILE】: The flexible strap, with strong and reliable buckle,...
- 【AFTER-SALES SERVICE】RISK-FREE PURCHASE with 100% satisfaction guarantee. We have long term...
You can use the five separate pockets of the FREETOO Waist Pack to store your often-used first aid supplies. Made of durable materials, it’s perfect if you want to be prepared for anything anywhere. You can also easily adjust the strap in case someone else will bring your first aid kit for you.
#8: Hard-Sided Mini Case
Aside from being used as a traveling companion, a hard-sided mini case can also be used as a first aid kit container. These cases are great for situations where your first aid supplies may be damaged. In fact, it’s ideal for storing insulin supplies that come in glass bottles.
Caseling Hard Travel Organizer
- PERFECT TRAVEL CASE; keep yourself entertained while traveling with the Caseling Electronics &...
- MESH POCKETS; what really places our case ahead of competitors is the great organization of space....
- QUALITY BUILD; the Caseling Electronics & Accessories Case is made from molded EVA that's durable...
- SOFT LINING; the Caseling Electronics Case is lined with soft fabric on the inside, which keeps all...
- DIMENSIONS: Outer 9.5" L x 5.7" W 2.8" H -- Inner two full pockets 8.8" L x 5.2" W 1" H Each. -...
The Caseling Hard Travel Organizer was originally designed to carry mobile electronics, such as your smartphone, GPS, or digital camera. Due to this, it’s durable enough to store your first aid supplies. It features a soft lining that can keep any glass insulin bottles safe in case you drop this first aid container.
#9: Dry Bag
If you’re a beach lover who always looks for ways to go to the beach, then a dry bag is a suitable container for your first aid kit. These bags are waterproof so they can suitably prevent your medical supplies from getting wet.
They also float, which is handy if you inadvertently drop them in the water. We also like to have some of these on hand for any sort of emergency. These can also be super useful if you’ll be traveling in an area with lot of poisonous snakes and you want to carry a snake bite kit with you.
Freegrace Waterproof Dry Bags
- ✔ INCOPARABLY HIGH QUALITY AT AN AMAZINGLY LOW PRICE: Stop wasting your money on cheaply made roll...
- ✔ KEEP YOUR THINGS DRY UNDER ANY CONDITION: Say goodbye to traditional roll-top dry bag which...
- ✔ ERGONOMIC FEATURES FOR EASY TRANSPORT: 5L, 10L, and 20L Comes with a 27.6"-49.6" adjustable and...
- ✔ GET A PRACTICAL WATERPROOF POUCH FOR YOUR SMALL ITEMS: Along with the kayaking and boating dry...
- ✔ PROTECT YOUR CELL PHONE AND MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR WATER SPORT ACTIVITIES: This set also includes...
The Freegrace Waterproof Dry Bags are durable and waterproof. This ensures your first aid supplies remain dry even if any of the bags fell into the water.
You get a set of three bags in each purchase. Aside from a dry bag featuring two zip lock seals, you also get a waist pouch and a phone case.
If none of the above-mentioned options are appealing to you, you may consider using a backpack. A small-sized one can be used for storing your first aid supplies. Just make sure the backpack you are eyeing is durable and is water-resistant.
Outlander Ultra Lightweight Hiking Backpack
- Water-resistant and DURABLE. The backpack is made from highly rip and water-resistant nylon fabric,...
- COMPACT. Folds into zippered inner pocket to fit anywhere. Unfolds from pocket to backpack. A...
- LIGHTWEIGHT(0.46 Pounds) and ROOMY(20 Liters). A true space saver. Stuff the bag into its own pocket...
- MULTIPLE COMPARTMENTS. Features a classic shape with several pockets for storage and...
- NEW VERSION Includes a carabiner clip so you attach things or clip it to things.Ultra-light....
If you’re considering using a backpack for your first aid kit container, the Outlander Ultra Lightweight Hiking Backpack may be suitable for this purpose. Aside from being lightweight and durable, it is also roomy and water-resistant.
This backpack also has several compartments where you can store different first aid kit items. It also has side pockets for your water bottle or umbrella.
Things to Consider in a First Aid Kit Container
Before you look for a container for your first aid kit, you should consider some factors. These factors will ensure your medical supplies are safe and secure. Continue reading to know the things you should consider before getting a first aid kit container.
The first thing you should consider is the durability of the container. Since you are storing first aid supplies, it should be durable enough to ensure the supplies remain safe and secure. Containers made of hard plastic are ideal since they are sturdy and lightweight.
#2: Compartments for First Aid Kit Containers
The number of compartments should also be considered since it will allow you to organize your first aid supplies properly. The more compartments the container has the more suitable it is for you to use.
#3: Waterproof or water-resistant
The first aid kit container should also be waterproof or water-resistant. This is important since you wouldn’t want your supplies to get wet while they are inside the container. It also ensures your supplies will not get ruined in case you get caught in the rain while bringing the container around.
The portability of this survival gear essential is another important factor since you’ll have to bring it to where an accident occurred. While a lightweight and compact container is ideal, bigger and bulkier containers can also be considered if they can be easily moved around.
Have your Say about First Aid Kit Container Ideas
What’s your top pick for a first aid kit container? Is it one of the options from this list or do you have another that you’d like to recommend? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think. We’d love to hear from you.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter. It’ll help other people, like yourself who are organizing a home first aid kit.
Last update on 2021-01-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API